1. Close your eyes?First things first! If as a girl you have never daydreamed about this wonderful day, now is the time to do so. Close your eyes and picture yourself on your big day in your perfect wedding dress.
2. Chose your style?How do you see yourself? The elegant 50s style diva or the fairy tale princess? Feel free to enjoy an afternoon of girlfriend or sisterly fun going through catalogs or searching online for your perfect wedding dress style.
3. Keep an open mind?Perhaps you have always dreamed of that one perfect wedding dress, but why not try a few other styles just for fun? You might be surprised to find that there are several styles that will enhance your body type and make you look your best. Dare to be a little adventurous at this stage. The perfect wedding dress to bring out your innermost beauty might be one you had never thought of.
4. Budget first?In order to keep disappointments to a minimum, it is best to determine your budget before you set foot in any establishment or even open
a catalog. Having a budget allows you to go for your dream without the fear and guilt. Rest assured there will be a dress in the style you dream of that fits
5. Get professional advice?It is always good to ask for professional advice. With the endless possibilities it is comforting to know someone knowledgeable
can help you narrow it down. A dress might only need a few adjustments to become your perfect wedding dress. A professional can help you quickly find
a style that matches your dream, your body and your budget.
6. Ask friends and family?Ask for opinions, but beware! Whether you are wedding dress window-shopping or going to a fitting appointment, make sure you
bring only a few trusted allies. Remember they are there to support you in your choice.
7. Keep it simple?This old adage is still valid, especially when it comes to finding the perfect dress for your wedding day. Keep in mind what you will be doing
that day. How often will you have to bend over to get in and out of cars or make use of the little girls’ room? What is the weather going to be like? How long
will you look radiant when you are uncomfortable? With 20 layers of tulle you might look like a fairy princess but in midsummer heat, you might start feeling
the 7-year itch a little early.?Keep it simple by choosing a style that matches your personality, adapts to your needs for the day and is comfortable to wear at
the same time. More frugal brides might even consider choosing a style that you can wear on future occasions as you revisit the place where you made your
8. Listen to your heart?Once you have narrowed down the selection, take time and listen to your heart. How do you feel wearing this particular dress?
Imagine your big day and pay attention to how you are feeling now. Is it a match?
9. Go for your dream?If you always dreamed of being a princess on your day, don’t let anybody (also not that negative inner voice) tell you otherwise.
On your wedding day, you get to call the shots. Give yourself permission to live your dream and be whoever you want to be.
10. Have FUN!?Most important of all, let your hair down and enjoy the whole process. This is about you, your love story and wedding day.